Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow we leave for Mexico.

Tonight we are excited, giddy, nervous, nostalgic. Our things are packed into boxes and bags, most are loaded in the truck already. The house is tidied (more or less). And it's not even midnight!

It's time to start writing and moving into this new adventure.

To begin, a few words on the title:

Choosing a title for this blog felt like choosing a direction, setting a tone for the journey. Of course, I spent too much time agonizing over it.

paseo - a walk, an outing. This word has an easy, flowing sound: pah - SAY - oh. The first time Mark and I visited Mexico, we were impressed by the people on paseo strolling outside in the streets and plazas in the evenings, walking and talking with each other. It felt friendly and communal.

In the web address for the blog, idgto = ID for Idaho, and GTO for Guanajuato, the states that frame this experience. Vamos a pasear entre los dos. We're going to take a walk, a ride between the two.

I wonder what we will see and who we will meet. Even as I am thrilled to set out, I already miss my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment