Thursday, June 17, 2010

On the Road

I have driven more over the past 48 hours than I did the entire five months we were in México. Mainly, we walked everywhere in México, and when we did drive, the tight roads and tunnels disposed me to leave the technical driving to my fearless husband. Now, back in the U.S.A., I'm logging a lot of miles as we roll through the grassy hills of central Texas and Oklahoma, the flat plains of western Texas, the stunning plateau country of northern New Mexico, and the rugged and amazingly green mountains of southern Colorado. Tonight we are perched high above a sweeping pinyon and juniper landscape and under a half-moon in Mesa Verde National Park. The sagebrush, bluebirds, and spring runoff-full rivers tell me I'm on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment