Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Postcard from Flat Hattie




Dear Real Hattie,
¡Hola! I am having a super time here in Guanajuato. This city is right in the middle of México. It is filled with pretty, colorful buildings, and it is surrounded by mountains. The sun has been shining brightly every day in a beautiful blue sky. When I left Idaho, it was snowing, but here in Guanajuato, it is sunny and warm, and flowers are blooming. I like walking through the little streets here because people are friendly and there are lots of little carts selling fresh fruit and yummy treats. In the evening, musicians wander through the streets, too, playing guitars and accordions and even trumpets! Today I watched corn tortillas being made. Piles of corn go in a funnel, get mashed into dough, and eventually slide out on a conveyor belt in circles that are almost as flat as I am! Fresh tortillas are delicious to eat. In a couple of days, I will get all snug in a cozy envelope and begin the trip back to Boise, Idaho. I am excited to visit your school class to tell you and your friends more about México and to share some souvenirs.
Un abrazo (a hug),
Flat Hattie

No comments:

Post a Comment